My Areas of Therapeutic Focus
I help my clients when they are dealing with the following kinds of issues:
- Relationships – Communication problems
- Chronically high levels of stress – always in a rush, inability to relax, perfectionist tendencies
- Burnout – listlessness, professionally or personally
- Persistent generalized anxiety – worry, fatigue, irritability, restlessness, tension
- Symptoms of depression – lack of motivation, absence of joy
- Grief – loss of a person, a job, a relationship, a pet, anything you hold dear
- Life transitions – moving, marriage, parenting, retirement, divorce
- Healing – from past abuse or trauma
- Personal growth – building confidence
It’s my goal to create a comfortable
and safe environment, where we’ll
work together to achieve your goals.
Primary Treatment Methods
I use various types of therapeutic methods in my work based on what I think will best help you. They include aspects of Reality, Internal Family Systems, Existential-Humanistic and Cognitive-Behavioral therapy. When working with couples I use Family Systems and Relational Life Therapy methods.
I am a Counselor Supervisor for Registered Interns in Oregon who are earning their LPC and LMFT licenses. I enjoy helping new counselors develop their counseling skills and establish their practices. If you are looking for a supervisor, please contact me for more information.